LUM - Separation Analyser LUMiReader
The Separation Analyser LUMiReader® determines the demixing of suspensions and emulsions for a large range of particle sizes under original storage conditions, e.g. sedimentation, flocculation and clarification. The demixing process is accelerated using a patented measuring principle, without stressing the sample by additional mechanical forces.
Some benefits are:
- Accelerated shelf life measurements under normal conditions – products quicker to market
- Detailed information of particles and formulation stability without knowledge of material data – outstanding feedback to improve product quality
- Immediate identification of large particles – identify badly homogenized dispersions.
Some of our successful applications are:
- Long term monitoring of pharmaceutical dispersions @ gravity
- Settling time of micro beads for medical applications (cancer therapy, magnetic targeting)
- Agglomeration/ Redispersibility of pressurized pharmaceuticals (inhalation med’s)
- Shelf life of liquid food products (alcoholic milk mix beverages, sugar syrup)
- Shelf life of lubricants
- Selection of dispersion media for HPLC-particles
- Determination of sedimentation kinetics incl. consolidation – of electro /magneto rheological dispersions
- Sedimentation kinetics of Blood (normal & enhanced) - determination of RBC settling and hematocrit
- Characterization of chemical identical particles, i.e. batch monitoring (carbonates, blood)